Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Extreme Makeover - photos

I found the following photos online.
http://extras.lowellsun.com/slideshows/extremeDemo/index.html

Although I'm excited for the family that they have this help, I'm deeply saddented that the accident occured at all, and worse, it happened the day of Renee and Paul's daughter. I just want to shake my fist at the skies and demand why.

I'm often get teary eyed watching Extreme Makeover, however, this one has touched me even more. Is it because it's so close to home? That the tragic accident occured on a day that should have only been one of joy? I learned that Paul had his two boys in the car with them and that they were returning from Toy-R-Us. His boys were unhurt.
I'm at least proud to know that I contributed to the funds raised for them this past Saturday.
I did try to volunteer my time, however, I found that they weren't really in need of 'general volunteers'. It's a good thing that they aren't at a loss for volunteers!

No comments: