Friday, April 17, 2009

Good movies, good times

Just got done watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua - loved it. Have you seen any good movies lately?

Today was a productive day, after dropping my husband off at work (he can't drive due to surgery he had and his right leg is in cast) I went to the Pat Brody Shelter for Cats and played with all the kitties for 5 hours. I love playing with the kitties at the shelter.

After the shelter, I went for an 16 mile inline skate on a rail trail.

Tomorrow (Saturday) is the shelter's fund raising 'Pasta Supper', where we first have pasta and meatballs for supper then they have both an auction and a silent auction. Several of my friends are going!
Do you volunteer on a regular basis - if so, where? doing what?

All this week I've been working in my yard - still more to go. Planting pansies and some shrubs.
still much more to do.

4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I can see how much you love cats!

I used to volunteer as a counsellor at a bereavement service but sadly it has shut down due to lack of funds.

Bevie said...

I used to volunteer to help coach youth sports, but most everyone hates my style (I don't coach to win, I coach to help players gain confidence and just improve) so I haven't done anything in more than a year.

Lisa said...

Wow fairyhedgehog that is admirable volunteer effort.
Yes I really do adore cats seems I was born that way! I was one of those kids that was always after the cats and they wisely ran away.

Bevie part of the reason I don't care for competitive sports is that I'm not fond of tricks to score. To me the longer the ball is in play the better

Bevie said...

My position is that no score should be kept until the young people are at least thirteen years old.

I get so angry watching people profile eight, nine, and ten-year-olds.

"They're no good."

"Now there's an athlete."

I had one nitwit, who was in charge of the program, point to a boy and tell me, "He just walks like an athlete."

Right. He puts one foot in front of the other.

These people are far too young to be told they are "losers".